Finding the perfect gift for Valentine’s day can be tough! Nothing says I care about you more than knowing your loved one spent a lot of time and effort into making you something special. Get creative this holiday and make your valentine a gift from the heart with these easy DIY V-day gifts. Your loved one and your wallet will thank you.
Chocolate Covered StrawberriesA sweet for your sweetie! Chocolate covered strawberries can run you a pretty penny at a commercial chocolate store. Make your own this year with this easy four ingredient recipe.
What You Need
- 1 package of strawberries
- 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What You Need To Do
- Rinse and completely pat dry the strawberries with a paper or kitchen towel.
- Boil water in a saucepan and place a metal mixing bowl on top of the pan once the water has boiled, make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl or it will burn the chocolate, add the chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip the strawberries, holding them by the stem and place on parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the finished strawberries in the freezer to set for ten minutes or so. You can add additional garnishes by adding more chocolate or sprinkles. For example, you can melt white chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the finished strawberries for garnish. Strawberries keep for three to five days in fridge or three months if you freeze them.
DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts for your Valentines Reviewed by Arjun Mali on 1/18/2017 Rating: